The MyIPM series smartphone applications were developed by Clemson University in collaboration with Cornell University, University of Massachusetts, Pennsylvania State University, North Carolina State University and the University of Georgia. These apps were designed to promote Integrated Pest Management for sustained, commercial fruit crop production. There currently are two disease apps and one pest app available.
Each app includes the following features:
- Diagnostics, including description and pictures of fruit crop diseases, pests, and disorders
- Name and description of the causal agents, including a 2-min audio from the regional specialist Chemical and biological control tactics
- Registered conventional and biological active ingredients for each disease/pest, sortable by FRAC codes, efficacy, and EIQ value
- Registered conventional and biological products (trade names), rate per acre, PHI, REI
- Audio recordings from regional specialists